Thursday, April 06, 2006

To Splurge Or Not To Splurge?


I went grocery shopping at 10pm last night. My quiet time (sad life, I know). But, if we were to have any breakfast in the morning, it had to be done. I'm walking through the aisles - taking my time (literally my only break for the day without any kids), and go down the best aisle in the store! The coffee aisle.

There is NOTHING in the world like good smelling coffee (sorry Sarah - Lent's almost over). My senses started taking over...drawing me to the coffee bean display. Should I? I've never ground my own beans before... It's kindof expensive. Hmmmm...

Well - I'd like to say that judgement got the best of me - but my selfish nature took hold. I picked up an empty bag, filled it with caramel toffee coffee beans, poured them into the grinder - and ground away! I was so happy - thinking the whole time, I do deserve this, right?

Well - as I sit here, drinking my Caramel Toffee, I'm thinking it's ok to splurge every once in awhile. Mmmm, is it ever good!!!

~Amber

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Mmmmmmm coffee.

I could smell it as soon as I saw the picture. I was grocery shopping last night at 8:30 and I went down the coffee aisle just to have a sniff or two.

A friend kept trying to give me a coffee press last night and it was a nice one. I told her I couldn't take it but I'd be back in 12 days. (I didn't want to barge in on Easter.)

Oh, and you do deserve it!

Darrell said...

Good for you! Sometimes we need to give ourselves a little treat. Some may not understand, but if you are a coffee drinker, you understand. Next step, you gotta try getting your own grinder so you can take home whole beans and grind them yourself. Ain't nothing like coffee that is ground and brewed fresh.

Unknown said...

Carmel Toffee ....MMMM I love it. I never ground the beans myself , you know me i might mess up and let the blondness seep throgh my head and the bean would fly everywhere!!! LOL

Unknown said...

sorry about the typos, ya see its starting already!!!!

Neil said...

You go girl! Let the coffee anointing flow all through you...Seriously, I love flavored coffee...I just love coffee!

If you don't mind me asking, what's up with the Lent thing? Just being nosey, I've seen it mentioned on your blog and I think Sarah's and wanted to get the inside scoop!

Sarah said...

I gave up coffee for Lent. I am a coffee LOVER. I wanted to show my daughter that when we give a sacrifice to God it is work and something of importance. If I gave up lima beans, it wouldn't mean much because I hate lima beans.

I do have a countdown on my calendar. I cannot wait to experience the wonderful world of coffee again. I'll be like a kid at Christmas.

The 6 Karns' said...

A lot of people have the perception that Lent is only for Catholics. Well - I really don't know the history - so I can't say - but to me, it's just a fast before an amazing event in history! So, we are "observing" too. With TV. And, although it's been hard (I've missed Am. Idol, CSI, W/O A Trace) it's been a very HEALTHY and refreshing time for the Karns. We've learned we really CAN get along together for long periods of time entertaining ourselves! WOW.

Neil said...

Gotcha...Cool! Thanks for your sacrifice, I'm certain that it has yielded and will yield great rewards!

Deborha's Palm Tree said...

Splurge away Amber! Coffee is one of lifes simple pleasures isn't it? I am usually in the grocery store between 1-3AM due to my schedule. That is my afternoon time. ( I work nights you know )
It is an interesting time to be there. One has to maneuver around lots of boxes! Well, speaking of coffee.......gotta go